Hey JayJay did you find any payment gateway for dating sites?
Nop, gave up. all of them are PITA.
You guys should have a look at Ivno and thank me later: Ivno.io
7.9% per transaction fee? WTF man. Who the fuck charges so much per transaction? Which fucking universe do you operate? Are you for real dude?
I see that and I understand you plights to be honest. But I have seen most high risk payment gateways charge from 4% to 12% to compensate for the risk and chargeback mitigation but of course the choice is your which of them you choose. And these other gateways always require dozens of documents and incorporation to get merchant approved, with Ivno that´s not required if I remember correctly and you wont have to sell your soul just to accept payment. I have two sites currently processing payments with them, one is IPTV and the other is adult cam site. You may also want to have a look at crypto payment gateways if your audience isn´t crypto-averse. some options are GrineoPay, NowPayments, Cryptomus, Plisio
Frauds are almost gone now a days. I’ve been using stripe for ages and I haven’t seen any fraud in last few years. Payment gateways should be smart enough to catch fraud payments or else what is their purpose. So saying that these are still high risk is no longer applicable in today’s AI era. 7% is too much for just processing payment. I’m not paying that.
Hey JayJay,
I’m also in the process of launching a dating app and would like to know from your experience if it is easy to get it approved on apple app store and Google Play? I read that they don’t allow new dating apps, is it true. also did you manage to get any decent payment provider for your app?
Yes, I’m also aware that Apple doesn’t allow any new dating app unless it offers some better user experience. I’ve just submitted my dating app on Apple app store and waiting for them to review. In fact they are reviewing as I write this reply. Fingers crossed. I’ll update.
Hi JJ, Found this thread searching for Best Payment Gateways for Online Dating Sites. I’m in the process of building a niche dating app and wanted to check if your go approved on Apple App store? What about Android app? Is it approved? Please reply as it will help us all.
Android app was approved and it is live. iOS App is stuck in review. Apple did start reviewing it. I did find their reviewer sniffing around app from the backend log so I know for sure they started reviewing. I also got “Ready For Review” email from Apple. It was 6 days ago and it is still stuck at that stage. Fingers crossed.
I think they are ignoring you because they don’t bother to flood app store with yet one more dating app. You can contact them and ask them to expedite review. Write that this is niche dating app and BS with rest of stuff.